Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 76

This last week has been full of new and uncomfortable situations for me. It's tough always being the new girl. And, I feel like I've been looking for my peeps ever since we moved to Colorado. I had a group, until I changed jobs. Then I had a baby and had to start over a little. Then I had another and it changed again. Then I moved to San francisco and I found out just how hard it is to find friends for yourself but also your kids. Then we moved again to Dallas. I didn't think it would be as hard here, but it is still hard. It is nice to see family who already know and like me AND my kids, but it sure would be nice to have more closer to me. I know it's coming, and I'm tired of waiting. And I'm tired of feeling like the odd man out in a group. I wish I was as secure in myself as my daughter is with herself. I can handle a little bit of feeling "on the outs", but it get overwhelming when your "reserves" have also been tapped. I really like who I am, but sometimes, I get confused :)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment