Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 75

We were at the Arboretum this week and the kids were playing going up and down some stairs. At the top of the stairs, Emmett leaned over the wall and spit. I'm not quite sure that the spit actually landed on a lady's head sitting on a bench below him, but she felt something land on her head and saw him spitting. She got on him and made sure he felt bad for spitting. I could tell a few moments later that he felt really guilty. I was annoyed at the lady for laying into him, but I could tell that he needed to apologize so that he wouldn't feel guilty anymore. I took him down there. He told her that he was sorry and he didn't mean to spit on her. She was very nice and gracious and instantly, he felt better. He even asked her if she wanted to play with him. Later the woman gave him a package of skittles she happened to have because she was so grateful for the apology. I was so thankful to see the guilt on his face and be able to recognize it. I knew he didn't need to carry that around all day. He is a sweet boy that made a mistake, but the lady didn't see that until he humbly asked for forgiveness. Forgiveness and grace are very powerful. Thank you Jesus that you are both of these because in my flesh, I am not.

"Your past can be like sidewalk chalk if you will dance and pray for rain".... But you have to dance and pray for rain first. I hope my kids learn this.
Here they are hot and tired:


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment